- Student in Finance/IT field
- Entrepreneurial minded – currently running a couple of businesses on the side
- Consider myself a risk taker, but only if rewards justify
- Started hearing about financial literacy at 12, Started digging into it at 16
- Instagram –@theia.blog
- Retire before 40, living off passive income
- Eliminate food poverty in Singapore
- Blog and give speeches to inspire and guide financial freedom fighters
- Travel around the world
TheIA Blog started off with a Singaporean teenager blogging about his struggles through adversity towards a richer living. And now, he fell in love with the journey blogging about personal finance and investments in stocks, Forex, cryptocurrencies.
- August 23, 2013: Blog created with WordPress.com with purpose to track down my journey towards learning to achieve Financial Independence.
- July 6, 2014: Bought theindependentabecedarian.com domain name. This is the day when I reached my first few thousands viewership and decided to take up opportunities to network wider, even managed to hang out with the local financial bloggers.
- September 25, 2014: Blog re-designed and re-purposed. Instead of aiming to become rich in monetary sense, I now also hope to become rich in happiness, relationships, knowledge and experience.
- October 13, 2015: Hit milestone of half a million page hits.
- April 1, 2016: Hit milestone of a million page hits all thanks to our readers.
- January 13, 2018: Started to raise awareness and educate readers about about the currently most hyped asset – Cryptocurrencies. Actively adding to the complete guide: “The Only Cryptocurrency Guide You Need To Read“.
- Forex, Futures, Cryptocurrencies, Stocks
- Swing trading, Algorithmic trading, Day trading, Value investing, Dividend investing
- Financial tricks to save, invest, and grow your money
- Story of how I did/wrongly/succeeded in XX
- Interviews with experts of the industry
The Independent Abecedarian? What’s that?
When I started this blog, I only had one simple purpose: As a novice (Abecedarian), my ultimate goal is to live a rich life with strong financials, values, happiness and experiences, leading to freedom (Independent) from the shackles of the rat race. Hence the name of The Independent Abecedarian (aka TheIA). And throughout my blogging career, I have not thought of changing it as I like the chim-ness of it despite having a hard time typing out the URL address when asked..