1. Quick Facts
- Studying a Bachelor in Infocomm Technology field
- Aspires to be a fund manager one day
- Hopes to start a business that will impact hundreds of thousands of Singaporeans
- Loves to motivate, meet positive people, travelling the world, reading self-help books
- Journeying my life towards my retirement by 35, to live a rich and wealthy life
- Personal Instagram with over 7K followers:
2. Grand Scheme
- August 23, 2013: Blog established under WordPress.com with vision to track down my journey towards learning to achieve Financial Independence.
- July 6, 2014: Bought theindependentabecedarian.com domain name. This is the day when I realized that there are hundreds of people following my blog and reading every updates I post. This blog is no longer only about me, but also how my readers can benefit from my posts. Within the Financial Blogosphere, I met up with a bunch of positive people.
- September 25, 2014: Blog revamped. A few days ago, one reader emailed me with the subject ‘What is a rich life to you?’ in which I replied with at least two full pages of Times Roman font size 8 Word document. To cut short, I self-realized that being wealthy in net worth means nothing without a rich life. In this case, ‘rich’ referred to happiness, relationships, knowledge and experiences. With this new vision, I opened up a new category ‘Life’., advocating my readers to achieve a wealthy and rich life with me. Who says you can’t have both? 😉
- October 13, 2015: Hit milestone of half a million page hits!
- April 1, 2016: Hit milestone of a million page hits all thanks to our readers and the few awesome financial blogs (you know who you are, thank you!)
3. Current Why
- Inspire and remind readers that a wealthy and a rich life is surely not an easy road, but a worthy one to take
- Educate and review readers with all the knowledge and tips I learned in this journey so they can halve their learning curves
- Learn from, make relationships and grow with the other incredible Singapore Financial Bloggers
As a starter learning (an Abecedarian) my vision at the end of the day is to be rich in values, happiness and experiences while also be free (Independent) financially, achieving monetary security. This is how I started out with the name of The Independent Abecedarian.
Now that you know some things about me, what about yourself? Ping me and tell me all about your goals and how you plan to achieve them! It’s always my pleasure to hear from my readers 🙂
And if you don’t want to miss out on the next post I’m publishing, get this filled up! (It’s FREE)
“It is only when you exercise your right to choose that you can also exercise your right to change.”
– Dr. Shad Helmstetter