- Quantitative Finance Major, Penultimate
- Experiences in OO Programming, Algorithmic trading, Quantitative modelling, SEO, Entrepreneurship (Founded >3 startups)
- CTO of a global money changer mobile app (currently incubated)
- Exposed to term “financial independence” at 12, got interested, started digging deep and experimenting trading FX
- Invests in Cryptocurencies and dividend growth stocks for long term
- Daytrades FX and Futures with self-coded self-hosted algorithms
- Live off 7-digits passive income by 40
- Own a couple of >90% passive businesses
- Angel-invest in/incubate game changing ideas
- Eliminate food poverty in Singapore
- Write to inspire 10s, 20s, 30s to take massive risks towards their dreams (legally of course) while they are young
- Explore the world with my family
TheIA Blog started off with a Singaporean teenager blogging about his journey towards a richer living. And now, he fell in love with the journey blogging about personal finance and investments in stocks, Forex, cryptocurrencies.
- August 23, 2013: Blog created with WordPress.com with purpose to track down my journey towards learning to achieve Financial Independence.
- July 6, 2014: Bought theindependentabecedarian.com domain name. This is the day when I reached my first few thousands viewership and decided to take up opportunities to network wider, even managed to hang out with the local financial bloggers.
- September 25, 2014: Blog re-designed and re-purposed. Instead of aiming to become rich in monetary sense, I now also hope to become rich in happiness, relationships, knowledge and experience.
- October 13, 2015: Hit milestone of half a million page hits.
- April 1, 2016: Hit milestone of a million page hits all thanks to our readers.
- Forex, Futures, Cryptocurrencies, Stocks
- Investing styles: Dividend Growth investing, Swing trading, Algorithmic trading, Day trading
- Financial tricks to save, invest, and grow your money
- Story of how I did/wrongly/succeeded in XX
- Interviews with experts of the industry
The Independent Abecedarian? What’s that?
When I started this blog, I only had one simple purpose: As a novice (Abecedarian), my ultimate goal is to live a rich life with strong financials, values, happiness and experiences, leading to freedom (Independent) from the shackles of the rat race. Hence the name of The Independent Abecedarian (aka TheIA). And throughout my blogging career, I have not thought of changing it as I like the chim-ness of it despite having a hard time typing out the URL address when asked..